Sometimes we can't help but reminisce about how easy life is without kids. It's hard to even remember a time that simple. Wait... You mean to tell me that people sometimes sleep in until NINE in the MORNING?! Go out to movies?? Eat leisurely at restaurants without any toys or baby food splatter on their shirts? UNBELIEVABLE! They sometimes take showers without their babies crying in a playpen or listen to music instead of baby Einstein DVDs? No way.
Being parents is a dirty job sometimes, too. Dirty diapers no longer make me want to hurl, and I have occasionally been caught putting Everett's binkies in my mouth after they have fallen to the floor to clean them off. I know. I'm ashamed. Test-tasting strange homemade baby food concoctions? Yep. Sniffing my child's butt to see if he needs to be changed? Been there, too. It's a dirty job, I tell you. DIRTY. I vaguely remember being a well-put-together girl who smelled nice and went out with her husband. Now I am the one woman in Target at 8 in the morning in my sweatpants sorting through baby sock sizes.
Even though being a mom is hard work, I love it. Everett had a six-month old photo shoot and they turned out so. dang. cute. I mean, who couldn't love this face?
OH MY GOSH he;s so freakin' handsome!!! Was it a photo shoot of him only? If it was with you guys, I'd like to see pics! Was it the same photographer from your wedding?? :)
ReplyDeleteHe looks so big and handsome! I have to agree with you being a parent is hard work, but it is great!
ReplyDelete