I know it’s cliché to talk about how fast the time flies by, but when you have a living, growing baby to mark the time by… Man. Does the time sure fly.
Today I packed up drawers upon drawers of clothes Everett doesn’t fit into anymore and I was amazed at how much he’d outgrown already. Cute little socks and layettes piled in stacks around his room- stuff I couldn’t believe he’d ever fit into. What happened to my little boy? Didn’t I just come home from the hospital? Wasn't I just sitting on my couch wallowing in my post-partum sadness crying about the newborn who hated breastfeeding? I could have sworn that was last week…
Now that “newborn” sits up, rolls over, and scoots his way around a room in seconds. It’s like I blinked, and he wasn’t such a little guy anymore. Suddenly we need a different diaper size and an extra case of baby squash because he loves it so much. Bring on the nine month onesies because the little ones won’t button. Should I be scoping out colleges?
It makes me sad. It’s going by too fast, all of it. I never noticed time passing until my baby came around. Jon and I will have been together seven years in March. Seven. If I can’t measure the months in inches like Everett does on his chart, how do I? By my expired magazine subscriptions? Guess I better hurry up… travel to Italy. Fly in a hot air balloon. Something.
You are quite the writer! A+++! I completely agree! There's just something about having a baby, that grows at an incredibly fast rate, and the new year together, that make you stop and think about life more. Let's go to Italy together! Haha!
ReplyDeletep.s. you inspired my latest post!
ReplyDeleteEverette is such a doll! When you get sad that the baby is growing up, you have another one! ahahah oh hey, my blog is http://allisonandisaac.blogspot.com/
ReplyDelete